- Squid - 5 medium sized cleaned and cut into rings
- Green chillies - 8 slit
- Shallots - 5 crushed
- garlic - 10 cloves peeled and crushed
- Ginger - 3/4 th inch piece crushed
- grated coconut - 1.5 cups
- curry leaves - 2 springs
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- cocum - 4 pieces soaked in 1 cup water
- salt - to taste
All all of the ingredients into a claypot / manchatty and mix well with you hands. cook on medium flame until the squid is just cooked and the gravy has thickened.
This does not need to be refrigerated for a a day .
Tastes best the next day .
Serve with rice.