- Chicken - 2 pounds (1/2 of 1 chicken cut into smallish pieces)
- Onion - 2 sliced thin
- Ginger - 1 inch piece chopped fine
- Garlic - 1 pod chopped fine
- Tomato - 2 chopped
- Green chillies - 2 slit
- Eastern Chicken Masala - 4 tsp
- salt - to taste
- Curry leaves OR cilantro(malli ila) - 1 spring OR 2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Heat oil and add the onion,ginger,garlic,curry leaves and green chilly and saute until it is soft.
Add in the Eastern chicken masala and saute for another minute.
Add in the chopped tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes start to get mushy .
Add salt to taste and adjust seasonings now and fry the masala well.
Add in the chicken pieces and mix well.
Cover and cook without adding any extra water.
When the chicken is cooked and the gravy is thickened the curry is ready.
Garnish with malli ila and curry leaves.
Serve with rice or chappathi.