- Pork - 1 kg cut into small cubes
- Unpeeled Raw plantain - 1 big cubed in same size as the beef
- Onion - 1 medium chopped
- Garlic - 10 cloves chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece chopped
- Coriander powder - 3 tbsp
- chilly powder - 2 tbsp
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- salt - to taste
- meat masala - 2 tsp (cardamom,fennel,cloves,cinnamon,pepper and star anise crushed)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Shallots - 3 sliced thin
- curry leaves - 2 springs
Method:Mix all the ingredients (except the raw plantain ,oil and sliced shallots) and cook without adding water until 3/4'th cooked.
When the meat is 3/4'th cooked add the raw plantain pieces and cook with the meat.
Heat oil in a pan and add the sliced shallots and curry leaves.When this browns add the cooked meat and fry on low flame until the whole things browns.10 - 15 minutes.