- Lentils - 1 cup washed and rinsed
- Carrots - 2 medium chopped into cubes
- Green beans - 1 handful cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Tomatoes - 2 chopped
- Spring onion - 2 stalks
- Green chillies/Cracked black pepper - to taste
- Garlic - 1 clove chopped fine
- Onion - 1 medium chopped
- Chicken or vegetable stock - 7 cups(you could use water instead)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Heat Oil in a large pot and add in the garlic and onion and saute for 2 minutes.
Add in carrots,green beans,tomatoes and spring onions and fry for 5 to 6 minutes.
Add in the lentils and broth/water and salt and bring to a boil.
Lower the flame and simmer for 35 to 45 minutes until the lentils are cooked .
Garnish with chopped Spring onion