I had this dish at a restaurant recently and tried to recreate it at home . It came very close to the restaurant version.I used the readymade cajun spice blend and have listed the ingredients in the mix.
- linguine pasta - 1/2 packet (8 oz)
- Shrimp - 10
- Chicken pieces - 1 chicken thigh de boned and sliced
- Chicken stock - 1/2 cup
- Parsley - 2 tbsp chopped
- Cajun spice blend - 3 tbsp( a mix of salt,chilly powder,paprika,onion powder,black pepper powder,garlic powder,dried basil,oregano and thyme,coriander powder)
- Bell pepper - Red and green cut into strips 1/2 of a pepper each
- Onion - 1/2 cut into strips
- Garlic - 4 cloves chopped fine
- Tomatoes - 1 chopped
- Butter - 1 tsp
Marinate the chicken and shrimp in a tsp each of Cajun spice mix and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a pan and saute the chopped garlic , Add in the chicken pieces and saute until it is cooked .
Add in the shrimp and stir fry for few minutes until the shrimp is cooked.Keep the meat and seafood aside.
meanwhile prepare the pasta - Cook the pasta according to package directions (Boil in lots of salted water until cooked) The sauce and the pasta should be ready at almost the same time.
In the same pan add in some more olive oil and saute the onions , tomatoes and bell peppers with some Cajun spice mix .It should not get cooked .
Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil,
Add the chicken and shrimp into this sauce and stir well.
Add in the chopped parsley and adjust seasonings now.
Add the drained pasta into the sauce.
Add in the Butter and stir to coat.