- Drumsticks - 4 scraped and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Tomatoes - 2 medium
- Shallots - 1/2 cup sliced
- Green chillies - 4 slit
- Curry leaves - 2 springs
- Ginger - tiny piece chopped
- garlic - 2 cloves chopped fine
- Shrimp - 15/20 shelled and de veined
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- corriander powder - 2 tbsp
- Chilly powder - 2 tsp(use 1.5 tsp to marinate the shrimp in)
- Vinegar - 1/2 tsp(ti marinate the shrimp)
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Oil , mustard seeds and sliced shallots for tadka
Marinate the shrimp in a mixture of chilly powder, turmeric powder,salt and vinegar for 30 minutes.Shallow fry the shrimp until browned and keep aside.In the same oil that you fried the shrimp add in the chopped shallots , ginger and garlic and stir fry for a minute.Add corriander, chilly powder and turmeric powder and saute until raw smell is gone.Ad in tomatoes and saute for few minutes.Add the drumsticks and half a cup of water and cover and cook until drumsticks are tender.Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.Add the fried shrimp to the curry and warm .Do a tadka of mustard seeds,curry leaves and shallots in oil and pout over the curry.