- sour curd or buttermilk - 4 cups (beat well with a fork if using curd add some water to thin it out a bit)
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Shallots - 4 sliced thin
- Green chillies - 2 slit
- Dry red chillies - 2 broken
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp chopped fine
- Garlic - 4 cloves chopped fine
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp crushed
- Curry leaves - 2 springs
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4'th tsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- salt - to taste
Heat oil in a pan and add in the mustard seeds,when it starts spluttering add in the fenugreek seeds.
Add in the dry red chillies and sliced shallots and stir fry until it starts browning slightly.
Add in the curry leaves and chopped ginger,garlic and green chillies.
Stir fry for a minute
Add in the crushed cumin and turmeric powder and stir fry for a minute.
Turn the flame off ,when the pan cools down add in the beaten curd and stir well.
Put the mixture back on the flame and warm it well stirring continuously.
Do not let it boil or the curd will break.